29.10.08

Campaigning

A few weeks ago, while I was practicing the bagpipes I received a telephone call. It turned out to be a guy named Larry Faulk, who was running for state senate in our district, and asked me if I was interested in campaigning for him. I decided, that since we haven't had a Republican in the state senate from our district in twenty years, it wouldn't hurt to support this guy. Not being in the nicest neighborhoods, I was a little hesitant about door-belling though. Mom and I went out the first time, and after a couple of houses I got used to it, and it wasn't too bad. For the most part it was uneventful. The second time Dad took Sarah, Jonathan, Me, and Esther, and was more like what I had expected. We passed a house that was boarded up by the city, a few wild dogs, and Democrats! Sarah got the majority of the democrats, who told her they "only vote for democrats."A few days later Dad, Sarah, and I went out and finished passing out the brochures that we had left over. We went to one house that had an Obama and union worker bumper stickers. Sarah decided she wanted to deal with these people, so went and rang the door bell. A lady came to the door, and when she learned that the guy we were campaigning for was running for the state senate she told Sarah very rudely, " I'm not interested,"and then closed the door. As we were walking away she yelled after us and said, "The Republicans have sure made a fine mess of our government." We asked a friend of ours about this lady, who lives a couple of doors down from where this lady lived. It turned out that the lady was a friend of our current senator. Yesterday, Jonathan and I went door belling with Larry Faulk in our neighbor hood. That was pretty fun!! Larry Faulk also told me that if he wins, I will go to Olympia with him as his page. So, If any of you are in the 27th district please vote for Larry Faulk, and send me to Olympia!!! I will go down there and shake things up, along with Dino Rossi and Larry!!While McCain and Palin will shake up Washington D.C!!

6 comments:

Graydon L said...

You maverick, you ;-)

Anonymous said...

What!!! McCain/Palin? Dino Rossi sure but McCain... I say "Go Chuck Baldwin!"

Melissa said...

Way cool!! I want to phone for Dino possibly doorbell around my house.... interested? (Sarah. Jonathen too)

Stephen Bittner said...

Sounds like we had much more fun. :)

David said...

Hey guys, sorry for the delay of posting the comments. We have been out of town, and I haven't had access to a computer.

Conor- Thanks for the comment! I will respond to it, in a post.

Melissa- I think its to late to get anything organized now.

Stephen- We did have MUCH more fun!!!

Unknown said...

This is Larry Faulk's campaign Manager, Michael. I just wanted to thank all of you for your efforts. Nothing is better then seeing young people getting involved in campaigns. I did my first door to door work when I was 12...look what happened to me :). I am sorry to hear that you ran into some folks that were not terribly kind to you. Shame on them. Thank you for your help...thank you for being involved in your government,s process. Kudos to you. Keep up the good work.